Family Therapy in Anchorage
If your Anchorage family is going through a difficult time at the moment, then this is nothing to be embarrassed about. At Richard Steinzeig, LCSW, we know that issues like divorce, aggressive teen behavior, addiction problems or a death in the family can affect any family. However, we also know that with the appropriate counseling and family therapy practices that these issues can be remedied and your family can return to happier times.
At Richard Steinzeig, LCSW, we know that each person or family unit that seeks counselling or therapeutic care from us comes with their unique range of emotional challenges to deal with. Our skilled team of family therapists can help identify and resolve difficult and delicate family and relationship issues in a clear and confidential fashion.
So, if you feel like have done all you can to resolve your family’s current crisis but can’t find a solution, then why not call Richard Steinzeig, LCSW today for a commitment-free conversation. If you feel like progressing our counselling service from there then all you need to do is tell us a time that works best for you and we can get to work on helping you.
Here to Help You
With a wealth of experience in all aspects of family therapy, Richard Steinzeig, LCSW can create a safe and non-judgmental environment for all members of your family. This means that we have been in a position to assist those with issues as varied as:
- Divorce or separation
- Dealing with challenging teen behavior
- Drug or alcohol addiction
- Issues with step-parents and blended family issues
- Conflicted parenting styles
- Ongoing conflict between family members
- Family members with depression or other mental health issues
- Loss of job or precarious working condition
- Death or traumatic event in a family
Three Common Questions About Family Therapy in Anchorage
You know, when the Internet and social media first became a part of our lives, a lot of people were excited about how powerful these tools could be for communication. But smartphones and modern technologies also can worsen communication problems between family members.
Sure, there’s a stereotypical image of a teenager being attached to their phone at the expense of conversation with Mom and Dad. But the reverse is often true too. And rather than bringing couples together, it seems like these technologies often further distract couples from working on their problems together.
So how are families to stay together and play together with all the new pressures in the contemporary world? Well, Richard Steinzeig, LCSW is a licensed and trained family therapist helping Anchorage families discover the answer to those questions for themselves.
While most people know that family therapy with a trained therapist can be a huge benefit to their lives, it’s also true that most people have no idea how the process works or what to expect. And that can be daunting for anyone experiencing difficulties with communication or cooperation in their everyday life. So we’ve put this guide together to help demystify the process.
- What is Family Therapy? Family therapy is the counterpart to individual therapy that attempts to solve dilemmas and problems within the lives of a group of two or more. It’s called ‘family therapy’ because it specifically focuses on the challenges that families most commonly face. Often, family therapy will be sessions that involve children and adults together, with one-on-one sessions as a complement to the group process.
- Why is Family Therapy Important? Most people recognize the special bond between family members. When a problem arises with a friend or a colleague, it is easy to distance yourself if it isn’t resolved. But for many, family relationships are something people want to maintain for their whole lives. So when conflict does happen—which is inevitable in life in any relationship—the stakes for resolution become higher. This feeling of pressure can cause people to use coping strategies that just don’t work. When you work with a family therapist, you and your loved ones will gain the skills to move past these communication obstacles so you can reconnect with one another and begin to heal.
- What Will Make My Family Therapy Successful? Come prepared to listen. Every family has its own personality dynamics. Richard Steinzeig, LCSW will ask many leading questions to try to discover your family’s story and the root of the issue at hand.
It’s important to keep an open mind and to be honest. You should feel like you’re in a non-judgmental and safe space where you can express your feelings. Every family member attending the therapy session will have their own time to speak and to share their side.
Richard Steinzeig, LCSW has worked with Anchorage families to resolve common issues for years. My practice is non-invasive and gentle but provides firm solutions to help you overcome your obstacles. Call us today to set up an initial appointment.
At Richard Steinzeig, LCSW, we encourage all the families that use our counselling and family therapy services to attend our therapy sessions as a single unit. We foster a safe and secure environment for all our clients so that they can express themselves without fear of retribution.
We often find that once you and your family members get the opportunity to express how you feel on a given issue or traumatic event, it can be easier to resolve it in a respectful fashion. The simple fact of the matter is that our professionally dedicated team can cut to the core of some serious family dynamic issues and resolve them in a holistic fashion.
Contact Us Today
Irrespective of your own family’s circumstances, you need to know that there is a reliable family therapy and counselling service in Anchorage that you can rely on.
When you contact Richard Steinzeig, LCSW, you can rest assured that you will receive a comprehensive and confidential family therapy service that will work that extra mile to deliver real and tangible results for your family.
Don’t suffer in silence with a challenging family situation when we are here to help today.