Counseling Services in Anchorage
Life is full of trials and tribulations. It is not uncommon to feel sad, angry, anxious, stressed, and depressed, but when these emotions consume your daily life, it can be challenging to know where to turn.
Richard Steinzeig, LCSW is proud to offer accessible professional counseling services to clients in the Anchorage area and beyond. Whether you are facing a significant life transition or want to address trauma or challenges from your past, our therapists are here to listen.
We can help you develop the skills to take charge of your life and find the strength and courage you need to move forward in a meaningful way.
Reach us at (907) 278-1188 to book a consultation today!
Book a Consultation with a Licensed Counsellor
When it comes to pursuing counseling, every individual has unique experiences and needs to address. Our experts will take the time to get to know you and your situation to provide you with appropriate services.
When you contact us by phone or email, we will book you in for a consultation at your earliest convenience. During the consultation, our experts will get an idea of the support you’re looking for, how often you wish to visit a therapist, and the reasons you seek our services.
We understand that talking to a stranger about personal matters may be nerve-wracking, but we know how many of our clients have benefitted from our counseling services. We will work to make you feel as comfortable as possible.
A Wide Range of Therapy Services
Over the years our business has grown. We are now very proud to offer a diverse array of counseling services, including the following:
- Individual therapy for adults
- Perhaps the most common kind of therapy is individual therapy for adults. This service helps individuals dig deep, address the challenges they face in their personal and professional lives, be honest about their feelings, and develop coping mechanisms and tools to aid their future.
- Family counseling
- Family dynamics can be very challenging. Investing in group therapy with your family members can be very beneficial. Our therapist will mediate the session, ensure that everyone's voice is heard, and help you navigate issues you're facing with your loved ones.
- Marriage counseling
- A lifelong commitment to marriage comes with its fair share of ups and downs. If you are committed to bettering your marriage or finding out whether staying married is the best choice, counseling could be the right option for you and your spouse. We can help you deal with various issues, from intimacy and infidelity to parenting.
- Relationship counseling
- Every relationship is different. If you are struggling with a relationship, be it with a spouse, a non-marital partner, a best friend, a parent, or a sibling, talking things out in the presence of a professional could make a world of difference.
- Men's group therapy
- Because of pervasive societal norms and pressures, it is often difficult for men to express their emotions and discuss the pain they're experiencing. We find that many men can benefit from pursuing therapy in a group setting, and we are very happy to offer this service to men in Anchorage.
We are also trained to provide support to individuals dealing with mental health issues, including depression, anxiety, OCD, and more.
Understanding the Benefits of Seeking Professional Therapy
There are many reasons why our clients decide to pursue therapy, and there are no right and wrong reasons for doing so. Our clients come to therapy when dealing with an especially challenging period in their life, like a divorce or the death of a loved one. Others seek guidance as they try and work through issues of their past or plan for the future.
The great thing about therapy is that it's conducted in a neutral, judgment-free space, where you have the freedom to be as honest as you need to be = a privilege we don't always have when seeking advice from friends and other loved ones.
Professional therapists will provide you with an attentive ear and ultimately allow you to come to conclusions on your own while helping you reflect on your journey and build coping tools for when times get tough.
To learn about how you could benefit from therapy, reach our office. We will be happy to discuss our services in further detail.
Counseling Services to Suit Your Budget and Schedule
At Richard Steinzeig, LCSW, we want our counseling services to be as accessible as possible, and that’s why we are happy to offer our professional therapy at competitive rates. We can also work around your schedule and provide you with the amount of support you need when you need it.
If you have any concerns or hesitation about investing in counseling based on your busy schedule or monetary restrictions, please let us know. Our experts will be happy to discuss these matters with you and find services you can benefit from.
Our Counseling Services Protect Your Privacy
It’s important to note that our counseling services are completely confidential. Our therapists will create a welcoming space where you feel comfortable sharing while protecting your privacy with the utmost discretion.
One of the most important parts of therapy is learning to share secrets that you may have been hiding from other people in your life. To get to the root cause of your mental challenges, ensuring you a judgment-free, completely private setting is our duty – and one we take very seriously.
Contact Our Center to Book a Counseling Session
Whether you are struggling with the end of a relationship, the death of a loved one, or having difficulties in your professional life, counseling can support you with the tools you need to move forward in a resilient way.
Taking care of your mental health will improve many aspects of your life and is just as important as maintaining your physical health, so don’t be afraid to ask for the support you need.
Our experts look forward to helping you work through whatever is causing you anguish.
Contact us by phone or email to get started today!